This tutorial will show you how to run Playstation (PS1, PSX, PSOne) games on your SNES Classic Mini. Many PS1 games run well on the SNES Classic.
Before you begin, since PS1 ROM files are huge (usually larger than the capacity of the SNES Classic), you will need to install the USB-Host mod which allows you to add extra storage to your console with a USB drive. Read our tutorial here.
How-to Play Playstation Games on Your SNES Classic
(If you have already installed hakchi2 to your console, skip to step #5.)
1. Download hakchi2 CE (hakchi2_CE_#.#.#.zip) and extract it to your computer.
2. Run hakchi.exe.
3. Go to Kernel > Install / Repair and hit Yes.
4. Now follow the steps on the screen - connect your console to your computer, hold down the reset button and turn it on, and then release the reset button after a few seconds. You will also need to Install driver if this is your first time.
5. Download RetroArch (Hakchi_Retroarch_Neo_v#_#_#c.hmod) and put the file into the user_mods folder inside the hakchi2 folder.
6. Download KMFDManic's set and extract it to your computer. Put the _km_pcsx_rearmed_neon_#_#_## hmod file into the user_mods folder inside the hakchi2 folder.
7. Go to Modules > Install extra modules.
8. Select RetroArch and _km_pcsx_rearmed_neon and hit OK.
9. Follow the instructions on the screen and prepare your console.
10. Download PS1 ROM and extract it. It should be a .PBP file. If the file is another format, you will need to convert it to a .PBP file using PSX2PSP.
11. Drag and drop the .PBP file into hakchi2.
12. Highlight the file name and select Sony - Playstation under System then select PCSX ReARMed [NEON] under Core. Hit Apply then Close.
13. *OPTIONAL* Edit the game name, box art, etc.
14. Insert your USB drive to your computer and hit Export games.
15. Select your USB drive, select your region, and hit OK.
You are done. Connect your USB drive to your SNES Classic and the game will be available on it.
Mapping PS1 Controller for SNES Classic Mini
16. Launch the game and press Start + Select to open the Retroarch menu and go to Quick Menu > Controls.
We recommend using a Wii Classic Controller Pro to play PS1 games on the SNES Classic.