This tutorial will show you how to add cheat files and load them with RetroArch on your hacked SNES Classic. You can add Game Genie & Action Replay cheat codes for many games and different consoles (SNES, NES, N64, etc.).
This tutorial is the same and works for both the SNES Classic Mini and NES Classic Mini.
How-to Add Cheats to the SNES Classic with RetroArch
1. Download the cheat module for a specific console here. (aio is all consoles, gb = gameboy, gba = gameboy advance, gbc = gameboy color, gg = game gear, md = sega genesis, ms = sega master system, n64 = nintendo 64, nes = nintendo, snes = super nintendo)
2. Place the downloaded .hmod file into the user_mods folder in the hakchi2 folder.
3. Open hakchi2 and go to Modules > Install extra modules.
4. Select the cheat mod and hit OK.
5. Follow the instructions on the screen. The cheats will be added to the console.
How-to Activate Cheats on the SNES Classic
1. Load game on SNES Classic. (Make sure the game is running in RetroArch. By default, all non-SNES games will load in RetroArch. To run SNES games in RetroArch, read our tutorial here.)
2. Press Start + Select to open up RetroArch menu.
3. Go to Quick Menu > Cheats > Load Cheat File > select console > and select game
4. Turn on cheats and hit Apply Changes (in some cases you may need to restart the game for the cheats to apply - simply go back to the Quick Menu screen and hit Restart).
If you have any questions, please leave it in the comments below.