This tutorial will show you how the change the main menu background music on the SNES Classic. You will be able to add your own custom music to the main menu using the music_hack mod in hakchi2.
This tutorial is the same and works for both the SNES Classic Mini and NES Classic Mini.
How-to Change the Menu Music on the SNES Classic
1. Run hakchi2 and go to Modules > Hakchi Mod store.
2. Go to the User Interface Mods tab, select Hakchi Advanced Music Hack, and hit Install Module.
3. Follow the steps on the screen. Afterwards, exit Hakchi Mod store.
4. If you are using the USB-Host mod, create a new folder titled "menu_music" inside the hakchi folder of your USB drive, and add your music into the folder. The music file must be a .wav file in PCM format or it will not work. You are now done. Do not continue. (aj_hix36 from Reddit created a perfect loop of Wii Shop Music that you can download here.)
If you are not using the USB-Host mod, you will need to connect to your console via a FTP client. Follow the instructions here.
5. Once connected, under Remote site, go to /var/lib/hakchi
6. Right-click in the section under the remote site section and hit Create directory and enter it. Name the directory “menu_music”. Now drag and drop your music into this folder. The music file must be a .wav file in PCM format or it will not work. (aj_hix36 from Reddit created a perfect loop of Wii Shop Music that you can download here.)
How-to Change Back to Original Music
1. Run hakchi2, and go to Modules > Uninstall extra modules.
2. Select Advanced Music Hack and hit OK.
3. Follow the instructions on the screen and hakchi2 will do the rest.
If you have any questions, please leave it in the comments below.