Learn how to add and play Sega Dreamcast games on your SNES Classic Mini. It's very simple with our step-by-step tutorial. Please note that not all Dreamcast games run well on the mini console, but many games do run well.
This tutorial is the same and works for both the SNES Classic Mini and NES Classic Mini.
How-to Play Dreamcast Games on Your SNES Classic Mini
If you have already installed hakchi2 CE to your console, connect your console to the computer, turn it on, and open hakchi. Wait until your console is Online then skip to step #5.
1. Download hakchi2 CE (hakchi2-CE-#.#.#-release.zip) and extract it to your computer.
2. Run hakchi.exe.
3. Go to Kernel > Install / Repair and hit Yes.
4. If this is your first time, you will be prompted to install drivers. You will only need to do this once. Now follow the steps on the screen - connect your console to your computer, hold the reset button and turn on the power switch, and then release the reset button after a few seconds.
5. Go to Modules > KMFD's Mod Hub.
6. Go to the KMFD RetroArch tab, select the latest version of RetroArch, and hit Download and Install Module.
7. Go to the KMFD Cores tab, select Reicast Xtreme, and hit Download and Install Module.
8. Exit out of KMDF's Mod Hub, hit Add more games, and add your Dreamcast ROM (it should be a .cdi file).
9. Highlight the file name and select Sega - Dreamcast under System then select Reicast under Core. Hit Apply then Close.
10. [Optional] Highlight the game, edit the game details, and add a box art.
11. Press Synchronize selected games with NES/SNES Mini and follow the instructions on the screen.
Mapping Dreamcast Controller for SNES Classic Mini
13. Launch the game and press Start + Select to open the Retroarch menu.
14. Go down to Controls to map your controls.
We recommend using a Wii Classic Controller Pro to play Dreamcast games on the SNES Classic.
Any questions? Let us know in the comments field.