This guide will show you how to patch ROMs to apply translations, bug fixes, or modifications (also known as ROM hacks) to the game. Patching ROMs is very useful and can give you access to even more games for your SNES Classic Mini. You can patch games that were only available in Japan and add English translations to many great Japan exclusive SNES titles like Magical Pop'n, Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu, Seiken Densetsu 3, and more. You can apply patches to modify games and play popular ROM hacks like Super Mario World: Return to Dinosaur Land, Metroid Super Zero Mission, Link to the Past: Parallel Worlds, and many others.
How-to Patch ROMS for SNES Classic
2. Download and extract the patch (patch files are in .ips format) and correct ROM file.
Romhacking.net has a huge database of patches (translations/bug fixes/rom hacks). Make sure you download the correct ROM file for the patch. Note: You are patching the ROM, therefore you will need to download the original ROM file. I usually just download a ROM with the same name as the one listed under "ROM / ISO Information" (in this example I would look for a ROM titled "Super Mario World (USA).sfc".
3. Run TUSH.
4. Hit Browse and add ROM. If the file is headered, hit OK and exit TUSH.
If the file is unheadered. Hit OK and press Add Header.
5. Run Lunar IPS and press Apply IPS Patch.
6. Select patch (must be an .IPS file).
7. Select ROM.
Patching is complete.
8. You can now add the game to your SNES Classic Mini with hakchi2 CE.
If you have any questions, let us know in the comments field below.