The SNES Classic Mini is capable of playing games from many different consoles including the Nintendo DS! Follow our guide to find out how to add and play NDS games on your SNES Classic.
This tutorial is the same and works for both the SNES Classic Mini and NES Classic Mini.
How-to Play Nintendo DS Games on Your SNES Classic Mini
If you have already installed hakchi2 CE to your console, connect your console to the computer, turn it on, and open hakchi. Wait until your console is Online then skip to step #5.
1. Download hakchi2 CE (hakchi2-CE-#.#.#-release.zip) and extract it to your computer.
2. Run hakchi.exe.
3. Go to Kernel > Install / Repair and hit Yes.
4. If this is your first time, you will be prompted to install drivers. You will only need to do this once. Now follow the steps on the screen - connect your console to your computer, hold the reset button and turn on the power switch, and then release the reset button after a few seconds.
5. Go to Modules > KMFD's Mod Hub.
6. Go to the Special tab, select DraStic, and hit Download and Install Module.
7. Exit out of KMDF's Mod Hub, hit Add more games, and add your NDS ROM (it should be a .nds file).
9. Highlight the file name and select Nintendo - Nintendo DS under System then select DraStic under Core. Hit Apply then Close.
10. [Optional] Highlight the game, edit the game details, and add a box art.
11. Press Synchronize selected games with NES/SNES Mini and follow the instructions on the screen.
That's it. The game(s) will now be available on your console.
Let us know if you have any questions in the comments field below.