This tutorial will show you how to add cheat files and load them with RetroArch on your hacked SNES Classic. You can add Game Genie & Action Replay cheat codes for many games and different consoles (SNES, NES, N64, etc.).
How-to Add Cheats to the SNES Classic with RetroArch
1. Download the cheat module for a specific console here. (aio is all consoles, gb = gameboy, gba = gameboy advance, gbc = gameboy color, gg = game gear, md = sega genesis, ms = sega master system, n64 = nintendo 64, nes = nintendo, snes = super nintendo)
2. Place the downloaded .hmod file into the user_mods folder in the hakchi2 folder.
3. Open hakchi2 and go to Modules > Install extra modules.
4. Select the cheat mod and hit OK.
5. Follow the instructions on the screen. The cheats will be added to the console.
How-to Activate Cheats on the SNES Classic
1. Load game on SNES Classic. (Make sure the game is running in RetroArch. By default, all non-SNES games will load in RetroArch. To run SNES games in RetroArch, read our tutorial here.)
2. Press Start + Select to open up RetroArch menu.
3. Go to Quick Menu > Cheats > Load Cheat File > select console > and select game
4. Turn on cheats and hit Apply Changes (in some cases you may need to restart the game for the cheats to apply - simply go back to the Quick Menu screen and hit Restart).
If you have any questions, please leave it in the comments below.