Learn more about the different mods and hacks available for the SNES Classic Mini. Follow our easy tutorials and guides to install mods and hacks to your console like adding more games or playing different consoles.
All tutorials have been updated in March 2018 to reflect all of the latest changes and recommended stable releases.
- Add more SNES games (recommended)
- Playing different consoles (RetroArch overview)
- Play NES games
- Play Sega Genesis games
- Play Gameboy & Gameboy Advance games
- Play N64 games + compatibility list
- Play MAME games
- Play PS1 games *NEW*
- Play PSP games *NEW*
- Force run games through RetroArch (for SNES games that do not run)
- Update hakchi2 to a different version
- Uninstall hakchi2 and factory reset SNES Classic
- Correctly switch from hakchi2 to hakchi2 CE
- Run hakchi2 on a Mac
- Add more storage to SNES Classic with external hard drive mod
- Add custom borders
- Set different custom borders for each game
- How to patch ROMS (to add translations / bug fixes / ROM hacks)
- FTP to SNES Classic
- Add custom main menu music
- Add cheats (Game Genie / Action Replay)
We will be adding more guides in the future. Do you have a specific tutorial you want to see? Leave us a comment below!