Learn how to play NES games on your SNES Classic Mini. This tutorial will show you how to import NES ROMs and run them on your SNES Classic console.
How-to Play NES Games on your SNES Classic Mini
(If you have already installed hakchi2 to your console, skip to step #7.)
1. Download hakchi2 CE (hakchi2_CE_#.#.#.zip) and extract it to your computer.
2. Open hakchi2.exe and select your console.
3. Go to Kernel > Dump Kernel.
4. Follow the instructions on the screen and prepare your console (install driver if this is your first time).
5. After the dump is complete, you should see a new folder titled “dump” in the hakchi folder. Inside this folder is a backup of your SNES Classic data in case anything goes wrong. We recommend you back up this folder and keep it safe.
6. Go to Kernel > Flash custom kernel and hit Yes.
7. Download RetroArch (Hakchi_Retroarch_Neo_v#_#_#c.hmod) and put the file into the user_mods folder inside the hakchi2 folder.
8. Go to Modules > Install extra modules.
9. Select RetroArch and hit OK.
10. Follow the instructions on the screen and prepare your console.
11. Now hit Add more games and add the ROMs files (you can add multiple at once and you do not need to unzip the ROM file). If prompted to patch a game, hit Yes.
12. [Optional] Highlight the games, right-click, and select Download box art for selected games OR you can manually select each game and add your own box art by hitting Browse in the bottom right corner.
13. Hit Synchronize selected games with NES/SNES Mini.
14. After the process is complete, the games will be available on your SNES Classic Mini.
To activate Retroarch menu, press Start + Select.