Learn how to change the language on the Super Famicom Mini (the Japan's version of the SNES Classic Mini) from Japanese to English.
How-to Change the Language on the Super Famicom Mini to English
If you have already installed hakchi2 to your console, skip to step #7.
1. Download and extract hakchi2 CE to your computer.
2. Open hakchi2.exe and select your console.
3. Go to Kernel > Dump Kernel.
4. Follow the instructions on the screen and prepare your console (install driver if this is your first time).
5. After the dump is complete, you should see a new folder titled “dump” in the hakchi folder. Inside this folder is a backup of your SNES Classic data in case anything goes wrong. We recommend you back up this folder and keep it safe.
6. Go to Kernel > Flash custom kernel and hit Yes.
7. Download the english mod and put the file into the user_mods folder inside the hakchi2 folder.
8. Go to Modules > Install extra modules.
9. Select sfc_eng_menu_hack-0.4 and hit OK.
It will begin to install the module. Your Super Famicom Mini will now be in English.