Learn how to change the language on the Super Famicom Mini (the Japan's version of the SNES Classic Mini) from Japanese to English.
How-to Change the Language on the Super Famicom Mini to English
If you have already installed hakchi2 to your console, skip to step #7.
1. Download and extract hakchi2 to your computer.
2. Open hakchi2.exe and select your console.
3. Go to Kernel > Dump Kernel.
4. Follow the instructions on the screen and prepare your console (install driver if you have not done it yet).
5. After the dump is complete, you should see a new folder titled “dump” in the hakchi folder. Inside this folder is a backup of your SNES Classic data in case anything goes wrong. We recommend you back up this folder and keep it safe.
6. Go to Kernel > Flash custom kernel and hit Yes.
7. Download the english mod and put the file into the user_mods folder inside the hakchi2 folder.
8. Go to Modules > Install extra modules.
9. Select sfc_eng_menu_hack-0.4 and hit OK
10. Follow the instructions on the screen and prepare your console (if your device is already on, turn it off, disconnect it, then reconnect it, and follow the instructions on the screen).
11. Your Super Famicom Mini will now be in English.